The Rules of the Manolo’s Super Fantastic Contest
(and legal disclaimer)
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Essays should be no more than 300 words in length and should prominently feature shoes as a theme or topic.
3. Entries will be judged on the basis of originality, creativity, style, and super fantasticness.
4. Entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send no attachments with your email. Emails with attachements will not be opened. Please include name, email address, phone number and/or mailing address with each entry. (Personal information will not be used for marketing purposes, only to contact winners.)
5. All entries must be received by midnight EST, Monday, October 10, 2005
6. Winners will be announced on or about Sunday, October 16, 2005
7. Contestants may submit only one entry per day.
8. The odds of winning depend on the number and quality of entries submitted.
9. All decisions of the judges are final and binding.
10. Although winners of the daily prizes are eligible to win top prizes, only one major prize will be awarded per household.
11. All entries will become property of Manolo’s Shoe Blog. All contest entrants represent and warrant that all material submitted will be original work created only by the entrant, that the entrant has the exclusive right to grant Manolo’s Shoe Blog the rights in the material, and that the material has not been published or submitted for publication in any form, format or media, elsewhere. Each entrant also represents and warrants that the material does not plagiarize another’s work, infringe any copyright, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary, contractual or personal right of another, (including any right of privacy or publicity), or contain any defamatory, libelous or otherwise unlawful material.
12. By entering, all entrants grant, convey and assign to the Manolo’s Shoe Blog the exclusive right, title and interest in the entered material, including all copyrights and moral rights. This includes the right to publish, display, syndicate, republish, redisplay, license and sublicense the material in print or other media, including electronic media (including broadcast, cable, satellite, audio or online) and to include the material in archival, database, aggregation, search or retrieval services (whether maintained by Manolo’s Shoe Blog or third parties).
13. Winners must be 18 years of age or older.
14. By accepting a prize, winners agree to release Manolo’s Shoe Blog and its sponsors from any and all liability resulting from participation in the contest and/or acceptance or use of any prize.
15. Winners are solely responsible for any and all associated taxes. If necessary, winners should expect to receive a tax form 1099 for the value of the prizes. To that end, winners may be required to provide personal information including Social Security Numbers.
16. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: Manolo the Shoeblogger is not Manolo Blahnik