Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Manolo's Super Fantastic Forums
News: Welcome to Fantasy Island, Manolo Style!
Welcome to Manolo the Shoeblogger's Super Fantastic Forums!

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: America's next top model  (Read 8218 times)
Ocelot

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2007, 05:40:17 AM »

I have just very belatedly watching reruns of this series. Have any of the winners actually established modeling careers?
corrigan

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 11:15:29 AM »

I don't know much about what happened to the models from America's Next Top Model, but after the last season of Canada's Next Top Model, all the girls were signed up with Sutherland Models, not just the winner.  (I was working at a printing lab and did some work on their portfolio pics)  I wonder if the same thing happens with the girls on the American show and their modelling agency. 
fashionfix

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 06:42:57 AM »

I used to be a model many (well ok 6) years ago, before husbands and babies put paid to all that. At my agency, Models1 in London, many of the girls were "discovered" through modelling competitions that ran in magazines and also via something called "Clothes Show Live" which was a spin off exhibition from a tv show. Very very few of them ultimately ended up with established careers. Most of the most successful models were "spotted" on the streets, by Ellis our scout. Having said that I think Erin O'connor, who started there about the same time as me, was discovered at Clothes Show Live. Of course it also depends on what you mean by establishing a successful career. Even great agencies like models one in London are full of girls earning less than 10k a year and waiting for their big break, and the turnover of "new faces" each year in those agencies is fairly large. Many models get taken onto their books but subsequently don't work enough and are asked to leave the agency.
la petite chou chou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 07:46:45 PM »

We were just talking about this at work...one of my coworkers said she or someone she knew saw a past Top Model winner working as a cashier at a Walgreens. The girl confessed that all the contracts fell through. Who knows if this is true or not.

The only Top Model I've ever seen outside the show was Caridee, and her commercials ran ONLY during the airing of Top Model. I don't think I'd classify that as success.

~la petite chou chou
fatladysings

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 01:35:48 PM »

You can look a lot of them up on Wikipedia through the articles on ANTM - most of them are linked to the agencies that represent them.

I saw Jade from a few seasons ago on a salad spritzer commercial in the last week or so...honestly, though, she and Yoanna would probably be the only ones I would remember.
la petite chou chou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 05:16:18 PM »

Jade was vicious. That's why I'd remember her.

~la petite chou chou
LaMaria

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 09:59:52 AM »

Yaya Da Costa (1st runner up on season 3) has gone on to a successful acting career. She was in Take the Lead.
graciela_f4l

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 10:37:06 PM »

We were just talking about this at work...one of my coworkers said she or someone she knew saw a past Top Model winner working as a cashier at a Walgreens. The girl confessed that all the contracts fell through. Who knows if this is true or not.

The only Top Model I've ever seen outside the show was Caridee, and her commercials ran ONLY during the airing of Top Model. I don't think I'd classify that as success.
Fell through? How does a contract just fall through? It's a legal document. Unless she violated a clause of the contract. Sad.

Jaslene said she wants to be one of the first to really turn it around. But give it time. Maybe we'll see more of Danielle. I mean, they are working. Its just that us mere mortals, we don't spend time at Milan fashion shows. Nor do we read Japanese Elle.
www.found4less.com
StormyAustin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 03:13:06 PM »

I just saw Shandie on a reality TV show, Where Are They Now. She had a contract with Trump's agency but clients remembered her from TV and said she should stick with television. Now she's a receptionist and goes to karaoke bars in the evening.
Chica

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 10:59:10 PM »

Melrose from 2 season ago has a website coming..www.melrosemodel.com.
I think I saw her on the Coach website once.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: