Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Manolo's Super Fantastic Forums
News: Welcome to Fantasy Island, Manolo Style!
Welcome to Manolo the Shoeblogger's Super Fantastic Forums!

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: For the Next Contest  (Read 13705 times)
Manolo the Shoeblogger
Administrator

shoeblogger
View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 17, 2007, 09:32:16 AM »

The Manolo long-time internet friend the Sarah has made the excellent suggestion about the next "Build the Outfit" contest...

Manolo Loves the Shoes!
Purly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 09:52:25 AM »

Or say that all clothes must be available (and look good) in size 14 and up![/font][/i]

I'm so a pro when it comes to that kind of shopping. Bring it on.
Angela

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 11:00:50 AM »

A good twist may be that the whole outfit can not cost more then the shoes. (I often wear the expensive shoes with outfits from the clearance rack, Old Navy, or Target. Shhh...)
edot

woo hoo! shoes and beers!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 11:55:14 AM »

I think that's a terrifically lovely idea! Creativity exists infinitely within any set of parameters, so sometimes it's nice for one's playspace to be clearly marked between the "LAWN SEATING" spots and the "BACKSTAGE PASSES ONLY" spots. I wonder, though, how much you might think about the crafting and/or home seamstressing additions? I sew a fair bit, and have recently become infatuated with the endless possibilities of making many of my own clothes. Thoughts? Guidelines? Just curious. And I'm loving the fantasticality of The Manolo's Super Fantastic Forums! This is a delicious way to spend time.
Feralito

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 12:02:13 PM »

I second the seamstress option. I buy RTW, but also sew a lot.
quieti

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 01:32:13 PM »

Don't forget us knitters, either -- in the first challenge, the lace tank I selected was Vogue Knitting, specifically because I'd never seen anything like it in RTW.  (I didn't spend all that much time looking, I'll admit -- why bother, when the Vogue piece was so adorably perfect?)

I do like the idea of the spending cap.  I also like the idea -- and you may be able to get sponsors for -- a contest wherein everyone has to "shop" for everything at only one store, or one online site.
tamrabee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 02:35:12 PM »

perhaps build the outfit for a specific occasion?
DoraLong

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 12:59:52 PM »

The budget is a superfantastic idea!  Shhhh.. big secret, most people are under the impression that a very substantial portion of my salary (and a big chunk of the husband's) must go into the wardrobe and the shoes of the Dora.. I neither confirm nor deny  Cool I merely smile ever so sweetly. If the smart woman knows her labels she can merely find out where the super rich ladies that lunch donate the lovely things they have never worn for the tax write off and the mitigation of guilt..

Ah, hard to quantify. But the idea of the specific event is also excellent.  Many summer weddings and company events, family reunions and so forth are no doubt planned for the many fantastic members of the Manolo's internet posse!  Oh!  How about the build a weekend wardrobe contest?  Easily packed, superfantastic and multi-tasking!  Somehow the husband of the Dora thinks a sherpa ought to come along on the weekend getaways, personally I don't think packing an extra bag for shoes is excessive myself-

You go Girl!  And take those Tacky shoes with you...
Lori

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 01:56:13 PM »

At another forum, someone issued the challenge of creating an outfit for under $150--clothes, shoes, jewelry, bag, the works. We came up with many beautiful outfits.

I like the idea of the rest of the outfit not costing more than the shoes. Given that the Manolo gets many e-mails from the poor girls who must save up their moneys from what the Man pays them, this could be both fun and a good service.
la petite chou chou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 07:33:12 PM »

I like the idea that the outfit cannot exceed the price of the shoes alone. That way, the outfit can be as spendy or thrifty as the Manolo wishes.

I wish I'd seen the contest. It would have been fun!

~la petite chou chou
g-dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 08:08:46 AM »

perhaps some tips on how to post an image of each item -some folks are obviously quite saavy!  I am a Mac user - so tips should note mac v. pc options (ideally)
gemdiva

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 11:45:14 PM »

Why not steal a page from Project Runway and design an outfit for the plus size superfantastic girl?
Mizufae

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 10:06:02 PM »

What about making fabulous but reasonably priced shoes extremely wonderful outfits for under $200? I think it is more of a challenge to emphasize and make a cohesive outfit for shoes that are under the $100 price range than it is to make a fabulous outfit with already insanely amazing shoes. It is also much more realistic. I don't know anybody who would give away their $400 anythings to a friend. They'd sell it on ebay instead.
WhoaNoItsJo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 11:37:37 PM »

A contest using only vintage clothing perhaps?  This would most likely lead to many beautiful and unique outfits.

sam

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 03:01:12 AM »

Are we going to have another contest?!?!?! It is so fun, no matter what the parameters! Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: