Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Manolo's Super Fantastic Forums
News: Welcome to Fantasy Island, Manolo Style!
Welcome to Manolo the Shoeblogger's Super Fantastic Forums!

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Celine 373915 Ankle Strap Pumps  (Read 45166 times)
gemdiva

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 11:41:34 PM »

I Hope this works.  I haven't been able to get the pictures posted previously.  Here goes......

[

The white cami is optional depending on how daring (& tan) our superfantastic girl is  Wink

Grand total $180.90
Ms. Berry

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 01:18:32 AM »

Given my crazy best friend's new boyfriend's prediliction for yachts, I chose to go with a nautical theme for my outfit.

Here are, of course, the super-fantastic shoes:

I start with this navy wrap dress from Victoria's Secret for $59 (sale)

And I would of course wear this white camisole underneath for modesty's sake. ($12.99 from Target).

Of course, one cannot wear nylons with open toed shoes, so I musn't forget the legwax! ($5.99 from drugstore.com)

Or the nail polish for my toes! If people are going to admiring my super-fantastic shoes, my toes should be equally super-fantastic. I choose OPI's "I'm Not Really a Waitress" shade of red - my favorite red from them! OPI polish is $7.50 in most nail salons.

The next item is a handbag (which I already own, does that still count?) from Payless Shoes for $14.99 (sale):

I'd top off the outfit with this headscarf from Target ($6.99)

And finally I would add a necklace and earring set that I designed and made myself. Because I buy jewelry supplies in bulk, it is difficult to calculate the exact amount I spent on materials, but according to my calculations, $25 seems fair. The materials are Swarovski crystals (Montana) and Swarovski pearls (white) with a sterling silver charm and accents.

At this point I would realize that I have $69.74 left, and will decide, instead of paying my rent early, that I will also get some super-fantastic makeup to go with my outfit.

I'd start with Very Sexy eyeliner in Exotic Plum (I have brown eyes, and deep purple shades make them pop) from Victoria's Secret ($10) which I would spice up with some Very Sexy Dazzling Liquid eyeshadow in "Wanting" ($12, also from Victoria's Secret) I would tone down the shimmer with some touches of the earth tones from the Very Sexy mosaic eye shadow in "Sultry" ($18, Victoria's Secret) And my mascara's been looking a bit clumpy, so I might as well restock on my supply of Very Sexy Mascara. ($12, Victoria's Secret)

I would go with a simple lip gloss, to counteract the dramatic eyes. I love minty lip glosses, as they act as breath fresheners. I prefer Beauty Rush Lip gloss from Victoria's Secret. They are 2/$10. (I obviously couldn't resist getting another shade for the second date.)

This leaves me with $5.54 to put into my super-fantastic shoe fund jar.

I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance that I should have been by any epaulet I could have worn. - Thoreau
jennylynn

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 02:34:56 AM »

As a Beyond-Poor Girl, I always love the challenge of scrimp-and-save chic!  While my budget's usually more in the $25-$50 per outfit range, here's my $200 take:

To begin with, these fantastic bone trousers at $88 from Ann Taylor are a great investment--very Katharine Hepburn--and I suspect could be very carefully home-washed rather than dry-clean-only, which is a killer for sloppy Beyond-Poor Girls like me.

The blouse: gorgeous, pintucked black silk (with covered buttons, nonetheless) @39.99 from La Redoute.

Accessories: sterling silver horseshoe-hoop drop earrings, a modest $17.99 @Target ; fantastically quirky print and straw bag by Rafe for Target, a do-able $39.99.

(...and DO NOT FORGET some serious waterproofer/stain protector spray for the shoes & bag!)

Math genius I am not, but according to my calculations this should end up being somewhere around $186.  Just enough left for the waterproofer...
acitynightowl

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 02:55:46 AM »

Superfantastic shoes with superfantastic vintage!

Total (excluding shoes): $173.10!
KittyCat

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 09:23:10 AM »

Oh, how fortunate my friend and I share the same shoe size! Wink  If only she could also have helped me learn how to post the picture to the forum before my eyes turned square!  Grin

I would match these most fabulous shoes with....

Bloomingdales black pencil skirt on SPECIAL! $48.99

Zara white shirt blouse $35.00

Worthington Zip-Around Computer Bag $45.00 – JC Penney

“Swirlies" Vintage Sunglasses $15.95 – OC Shades

Horsebit Chain Belt $28.00 JC Penney

Crystal Pear Drop Earrings on special, $9.99 JC Penney

City Cosmetics, CITY Lips, colour: San FranKissco, $10 Sephora.com

Blax snag free hair elastics $3.33  beautydeals.net

Fresh Scents by Terri Dream (fig and vanilla) Special Sample Size $0.70, makeup.com

TOTAL:  $196.96
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 09:44:11 AM by KittyCat » Logged
darastar

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 10:59:10 AM »

all right.  since this is only the second "build the outfit" i don't feel so bad that it's my first try.

because the shoes have both cream and brown, i wanted a dress (because dresses look pretty and are an easy way to have most of the outfit done in one swoop) that incorporated both colors, but was not boring.  so i chose this BCBG Max Azria Tier Stripe dress from Nordstrom:

(which costs $158)

and then this Argento Vivo silver leaf pendant necklace from bluefly

(which costs $27)
because it picks up the silver in the shoe buckles but does not detract from the interesting pattern of the dress while still being pretty and interesting all by itself.

grand total: $185
corrigan

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2007, 11:47:32 AM »

My turn!  (First time too!) 

Thieves Ribbon Dress at $153.00 USD. 

Merona Satchel from Target, $19.99 USD.

This Alla copper pendant necklace and earring set from the Fusion Boutique, $12.99 USD. 

And the shoes, of course!

Minus the shoes, a grand total of $185.98!  (Now I'm broke!)
la petite chou chou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 11:53:34 AM »

On my computer, the shoes look cream and black...

~la petite chou chou
SP1391

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 12:25:57 PM »

Ok, so my first thought with these shoes was to go for a slightly vintage/sexy secretary look.

First, a wine colored cotton/linen sweater from Anthropologie (On sale for 39.95)

Next, a brown tweed skirt from Urban Outfitters (On sale for 34.99)

Splurge on a bag from Wilson's Leather (On sale for 69.00)

Add simple earings from Target - I'd go with the pearls (7.99)

And some sunglasses, again from Target (17.99)

Plus, of course, the shoes

Total = 169.92

The remainder would be used for any shipping costs, plus some makeup (I'd go vintagy a la Dita Von Teese )

And voila!  You're ready for a date with a young, hot, Greek shipping heir!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 12:29:40 PM by SP1391 » Logged
DoraLong

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 01:10:18 PM »

Any advice for posting pictures for the superfantastic Mac girls??  Insert does no seem to want to work?

You go Girl!  And take those Tacky shoes with you...
fatladysings

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2007, 02:35:46 PM »

Being the plus size girl I had to find a fabulous plus size dress:

http://www.igigi.com/shop/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&currentpage=1&Product_ID=361&fromcat=1&disptype=5

With this bracelet:
http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=301&langId=-1&storeId=301&productId=501166217&view=80&N=1590809&searchUrl=%2Fendeca%2FEndecaStartServlet%3Fview%3D80%26N%3D1590809&R=ACB292

With this necklace:
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_62/601-7971923-7912924?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000OWI52E

With this bag:
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_2/602-0950308-1548643?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000MNMKGM

And these sunglasses:
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_6/602-0950308-1548643?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000FFB2MA

Total:  $187
tamrabee

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2007, 03:48:12 PM »

http://www.spiegel.com/shop/product_ensemble.aspx?ifn=S0767049_8107_041&effort=YE&style_id=27722031&index=17&gp_coll_id=5001&gp_cat_id=5002&nav_cat_id=8392&category_id=8393

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Chicos-Earth-Tone-Wooden-Bangle-Trio-Bracelet_W0QQitemZ110127698806QQihZ001QQcategoryZ11023QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.forzieri.com/usa/product_view.asp?l=usa&c=usa&dept_id=59&pf_id=am35405%2D010&id_valore1=&id_valore2=&id_valore3=&id_valore4=&id_valore5=&rl=41

http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=4893&N=1200038&pCategoryId=231&categoryId=236&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_236&defaultColorNameFromCategory=Boardwalk%20Beige&defaultSizeTypeFromCategory=Misses

dress - $62
bangles - $10
earrings - $60
clutch - $20
total - $152
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 03:51:28 PM by tamrabee » Logged
actinolite

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 03:50:35 PM »

I would pair these lovely ankle straps

with a  graceful, classic summer suit, like this one:

Priced very reasonably at $44.99 for the jacket and $29.99 for the skirt, Isaac Mizrahi for Target. 
Layer this bright seamless cami under for a pop of bright color under the jacket:

INC International Concepts® Seamless Tank Top, Macy's, $20.00
Pick up the color of the cami with these fun earrings:

A steal for only $6.00 at Claire's!
The rest of the outfit is enough of a steal that I can accessorize with this classic Fossil shoulder bag:

Available for $75.00 at Macy's.

The total is only $175.98, and can go effortlessly from the work (where the poor girl must earn the $200 to buy superfabulous outfits!) out to the double dinner date.  To complete the evening look, remove the jacket and add this wrap, which will coordinate with the skirt:

Only $14.99 at Target, for a grand total of $190.97.  Perhaps she should pocket the $9.00 just in case the cousin of Stavros is boring; she will have cab fare!

summergirl10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 04:10:31 PM »

These shoes are abseloutly gorgeous... although a bit to out there for me!

My outfit is a sort of casual L.A. stylish look, and perfect for any type of fun date. I love the dress, Free people stuff is amazing and this look is so out there but very do-able.

($128) The dress is free people.

of course the shoes

($5) Simple bangles to offset the sort of crazy dress and shoes

in this color

($42)

The grand total is $186, and you can use the rest to save up for a fabolous pair of Manolos.

Shoes= MY life
again

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2007, 05:33:56 PM »

Okay, I am re-posting the outfit I suggested yesterday using the appropriate technology, so that it does not require an excess of browser windows to view. 

The shoes are, frankly, a little crazy.  But they have a tailored quality that could be refined into something rather ladylike (just tall.  Tall is fine). 

So, going with the theory that we're on an evening date, I chose something a little dressy:

($99 at Bluefly)

And with that neckline, we definitely need some jewelry: 

($40 at overstock.com)

And of course, a lady can't go to dinner without a bag.  This one thinks about the structured shape of the shoes and also some 1940s-ish sophistication; maybe even older?  In any case:

($40 at shoebuy.com)

And that leaves us with $21.  We could keep that in case of emergency, or we could prepare for the emergency later, when we inexplicably don one-half of a pair of stockings also worn by our best friend and leave the men at the restaurant and are mobbed by the paparazzi - of course, at that point and also inexplicably, we want to be mobbed by the paparazzi, but it really should look as though we don't.  So we can wear this - either the pink or the brown would work, I personally prefer the pink: 

($15 at overstock.com)

There.  This is a lot of fun. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: