Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Manolo's Super Fantastic Forums
News: Welcome to Fantasy Island, Manolo Style!
Welcome to Manolo the Shoeblogger's Super Fantastic Forums!

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Celine 373915 Ankle Strap Pumps  (Read 45272 times)
edot

woo hoo! shoes and beers!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2007, 03:11:01 PM »

Ever the procrastinator, here's my pushin' the deadline entry:

I wanted a nice dark brown silk skirt with a bubble hem, and since I couldn't find one? I decided to make one. I included all the prices of everything and where online I found them, and my total sums up to ---drumroll please---
$165.53. Woo hoo! Here's to making expensive silken wardrobe pieces yourself--I found a lovely MaxStudio skirt, but it was $158 even with 36% off (http://www.amazon.com/IRIDESCENT-TAFFETA-LONG-BUBBLE-SKIRT/dp/B000J06FPK/ref=sr_1_31/002-9689696-0410412?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1180099341&sr=1-31)
and it wasn't quite the right color. I must say, I looove the dark sienna brown with silver and ivory color combo so much I didn't want to add any bright colors to it. Plus this way we have lots of coordinates for future outfit building showdowns--right?!
Manolo the Shoeblogger
Administrator

shoeblogger
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2007, 05:52:18 PM »

The Manolo now declares the contest closed!

He will pick the winner shortly.

Manolo Loves the Shoes!
gemdiva

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2007, 08:41:47 PM »

The Internet friends of the Manolo all seem to have super fantastic taste.  Why am I not surprised.

I loved this challenge and after reviewing all the other entries, I now have great new ideas of places to shop.  What could be better?

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!! Lips sealed
Manolo the Shoeblogger
Administrator

shoeblogger
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2007, 07:47:53 PM »

Manolo says, after much deliberation (for there were several excellent entries), the Manolo has finally selected the winner of his second Build the Outfit contest, and it is the Manolo's internet friend Beth, who submitted this entry...

Here is what the Beth had to say about her entry.

I love the new silver trend that's been popping up, so I decided to draw that silver out of the shoes and keep the accessories focused on that in order to calm down the pattern in the dress.

And she accomplished this goal marvelously.

For the Manolo, this entry was wonderfully unexpected. He would not have imagined that the outfit with the bold pattern and the handkerchief hemline would have worked with these shoes, but as soon as he saw it he knew that it would work beautifully.

So, congratulations to the Beth!

Manolo Loves the Shoes!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: