Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Manolo's Super Fantastic Forums
News: Welcome to Fantasy Island, Manolo Style!
Welcome to Manolo the Shoeblogger's Super Fantastic Forums!

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The madness is spreading!  (Read 13220 times)
Ms. Berry

View Profile Email
« on: May 22, 2007, 01:39:06 AM »

Perhaps this is old news to everyone else, but I just ran across these on another site:

Yes... Crocs are making ballet flats now. What trendy shoe are they going to get ugly all over next? Are foam rubber Uggs on the horizon? Eeeek!

I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance that I should have been by any epaulet I could have worn. - Thoreau
Phyllis

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 05:48:45 PM »

Too scary for words...

The horror, the horror

Waht's next?  A cross between a Croc and and an Ugg? I guess that would be a "Crugg".

Phyllis
Manolo the Shoeblogger
Administrator

shoeblogger
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 12:16:33 AM »

Ah yes, the Croc ballet slipper. 

The Manolo has been aware of these for several months now, but has avoided posting about them because he has just been too depressed.

Manolo Loves the Shoes!
la petite chou chou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 09:31:58 PM »

Yeah...I saw them in person the other day when there was some sort of croc extravaganza in the public square...quite terrifying.

~la petite chou chou
Ozzie Shoelover

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 11:35:01 PM »

If you don't talk about them, no one will notice them and they will go away (well hopefully).

My daughter bought my grandson ( Angry) a pair of crocs and I made the boy throw them away. (I told them they were girl shoes - when you are 8 girl germs are not something you want  Tongue).

I was so disappointed that these things made it to our fair shores (I live in Australia). Still maybe it is payback for us sending you the Uggs. lol. Cheesy

Karen

Eloise

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 01:26:23 PM »

I've seen crocs, but they don't seem overly popular here. Well, not for adults, anyway (though there's many nurses wearing them to work). I keep seeing jelly and plastic shoes (offshot of the crocs?) in just about every shoe shop I go, but I've yet to see someone wearing them, and I keep my eyes open! Jelly shoes are ugly and the last time I've worn something like that, I was 7 or so. It's no good for anybody over 9 years old, I say. I hope this trend will die soon.
Gillian

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 01:46:38 AM »

At a local shoe store, there is a wall dedicated to crocs and being the hip and happenin' place that it is, no doubt these, these plastic abominations sent from the very depths of hell will make an appearance very soon, if not already.

Crocs themselves are pretty ordinary - working in a hospital, I see shoes like that all the time on the feet of surgery staff. All the easier to wash the gore off, I suppose. (Ew.)

Shoes, how I love thee!
Ms. Berry

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 10:57:34 AM »

I have also recently heard that Crocs company is going to "diversify" their product offerings. What innocent shoes are they going to get ugly all over now?!

I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance that I should have been by any epaulet I could have worn. - Thoreau
corrigan

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 11:34:45 AM »

Those look like they would give you horrible blisters.  I get blisters from soft leather shoes--I can't even imagine what those would do to me. 

Raven1025

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 01:10:41 AM »

As if those aren't bad enough, I see Skechers have created their version of the Croc.  When will the madness end?Huh?
graciela_f4l

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 09:48:12 PM »

Everywhere I turn I hear the word "Croc" usually followed by "s suck". Yet I don't really know what Crocs are. Nevertheless those ballet flat crocs are ugly. www.found4less.com
StormyAustin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 03:02:59 PM »

Since these are enclosed shoes and not sandals, I can only imagine how smelly they will get.
madaloon

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 04:33:14 AM »

I apologize for my community. Crocs come from the beautiful county of Boulder in Colorado and so do I. I went to high school with one of the creator's daughters. The high school was a huge testing ground for the footwear, always being handed out to friends of the children. They were a hit, so local footwear vendors started selling them. I would ask my friends why they wore the things in public and they all spoke highly of the comfort.
I fully blame my high school for the presence of Crocs in the world. If my former classmates had not taken to them, I like to think that Crocs would not have made it out of Boulder. Oh, what a wonderful world that would be.
Once again, I am sorry for not stopping this epidemic at the source.

"Clothes aren't going to change the world, the women who wear them will." -Anne Klein
Holly

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 03:53:48 PM »

One of the most deeply unattractive shoes I have seen ! Maybe they are for people terrified of being hit by lightening...or hardened vegans?
phaith

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 01:05:41 PM »

I live on a small island and we recently brought them in at our store, they flew off the shelf.  People claim they're for gardening, but everyone wears them in public.  Even one of my good friends.  People claim they're so comfortable, but they look blister inducing to me, I get blisters in shoes made out of natural fibers.  And ew sweaty feet, gross.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: