Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Manolo's Super Fantastic Forums
News: Welcome to Fantasy Island, Manolo Style!
Welcome to Manolo the Shoeblogger's Super Fantastic Forums!

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Demeter by Repetto -- B.T.O. #4  (Read 34830 times)
edot

woo hoo! shoes and beers!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2007, 01:52:06 PM »

While I think these lovely orangies could easily be dressed casual, I thought a simple but classy dress was the way to go. And just like black goes with red, I thought navy was the best match for the bright orange; match the bright color at the feet with the carnelian earrings for a straight line through navy and white, and you're all set for simple summer class.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 01:55:08 PM by edot » Logged
thepinkeminence

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2007, 11:02:50 PM »

These shoes conjure up in the mind of this internet-fan of the Manolo a picture of a young lady with an exquisite sense of humor about her own sense of fashion.  They must be worn during the late summer when it will be a bit cool in the evening, and the day will be spent in much walking about in the city, breezing in and out of book shops and frigidly air-conditioned museums, perching on iron chairs at little outdoor cafes, and, perchance, "happening-by" a gentleman who has been so unfortunate as to become a part of her past.  He will, no doubt, appreciate the whimsical insouciance of her attire, and the relaxed fabulousness of her whole persona.  The jacket should be open, the top beneath should show, makeup should be light with plenty of mascara, and all will be well with the world.

Jacket, Tory Burch: http://www.bluefly.com/pages/products/detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2034846559&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=10193599&rvform=true

Top, Baby Tears at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Tears-Burnout-Trapeze-Blouse/dp/B000Q70NIG/ref=sr_1_144/104-5159425-0145549?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1182476639&sr=1-144

Cropped Jeans, Meli-Melo: http://www.bluefly.com/pages/products/detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2027409083&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2396455&N=2396455+4294967285&Ne=10&Ns=Popularity%7c0%7c%7cProduct%2bCode%7c1&Nu=Product+ID

Bag, Hype (in orange): http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/18537205/c/535.html

A little light bling, from Overstock: http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Sterling-Silver-Greek-Key-Marcasite-CZ-Ring/2102710/product.html?IID=prod2102710

And some earrings: http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Beaded-Kyanite-Silver-Earrings/2377593/product.html?IID=prod2377593

And some "vintage" shades, in brown: http://www.amazon.com/Vintage-Collection-Oversized-Sunglasses-Lavender/dp/B000O5N0YY/ref=sr_1_73/104-5159425-0145549?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1182478437&sr=1-73

And, OF COURSE, the shoes.
TraceM

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2007, 12:32:40 AM »

This is the breezy, uncomplicated outfit of the modern goddess:

These shoes are young, they're playful, they're colorful and they seem to have a great texture to them, which many shoes lack. All in all, I thought that the only good outfit would be unbusy with a modern silhouette. The girl who wears these flats very obviously is a fan of fun accessories, so she might keep her clothes a bit more minimal- the better to play around with great belts and hats and whatnot! All of the accents in this outfit compliment these shoes; the earrings, purse, and sunglasses dance flirtatiously around this clean and pretty goddess.

Sunglasses - Ferragamo, from Sunglass Hut
Lace-Trim Trapeze Blouse - from ASOS
Pegged Skinny Jeans - Yanuk, from Shopzilla
Earrings - Marry Me, from Charm Me
Purse - Prada, from Bluefly
Raven1025

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2007, 01:04:28 AM »

So, I was going to make a pretty collage photo of all the elements, but the computer is acting up, and the pro (aka my hubby) is out of town, so a bunch of separate pics will have to do!

These shoes definitely have a classy but casual, Audrey goes shopping vibe to me...so here's my interpretation....

Starting with this dress by Nanette Lepore available at Nordstroms:

Topped with this cardigan (chosen for its light weight and complementary colour with the shoes) by Halogen, also available at Nordstroms:

Which could also be tossed into this bag (along with a great book or magazine), so chosen for its pleating which complements the pleats on the shoes.  Betsey Johnson bag, from Bloomingdales:

A scarf to keep your hair out of your face, which can also be tied around the neck or purse strap.  From Coach:

Sunglasses by Tom Ford available at Nordstroms:

Finally, a simple necklace to complete the ensemble, chosen for the diamond shape echoing the diamond pleating in the dress and diamond pointele pattern in the cardi.  White gold and blue topaz necklace available at Macy's:

And coming full circle to the shoes!

la petite chou chou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2007, 01:12:50 AM »

Well, we are going into fall already, and all the big stores are in the midst of their summer sales. The shoes, being almost a burnt orange color also lead me toward a more transitional look. But since summer is only beginning I also wanted it to be wearable now. Also, I wanted to mention that the wearer could have the blouse tucked with the belt low over the top of the skirt, or untucked with the belt high on the waist. Cute either way.

The Shoes

Shirt: Anthropologie

Skirt: Banana Republic

Belt: Banana Republic

Bag: Banana Republic

Sunglasses: Macy's

Earrings: Banana Republic

Bracelet: Banana Republic
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 01:15:08 AM by la petite chou chou » Logged

~la petite chou chou
jessdarling

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2007, 02:14:15 AM »

These shoes are wonderful, a deliciously bright and rich coral color, which might have been too whimsicial were it not for the carefully placed suede leather backing and the delicately tied bow.  The soft leather ballet flat calls to mind dancers, which is why leotards, which are incredibly versatile and easy to wear, are a staple of this outfit. And because the shoes are so fantasically bright, they should be the boldest pop of color in the outfit.
to ground the outfit and make it classy and chic, add a textured Anthropologie cardigan in the parchment color for those breezy summer night and air conditioned rooms
To add a bit of sportyness and urban downtown chic to these shoes I would add this sexy strapless leotard in navy from American Apparrel
this silver lame suspender leotard also from American Apparrel adds edge and excitement, worn over the strapless leotard
all of the leotard wonderfullness ends in these carefree and casual, yet structed cutoff denim shorts from Abercrombie
the cool factor is upped a level with these glamarous sunglasses by Fred Flare
and this necklace adds a bit of grace
this fun and elegant bangle
with these fab earrings
a wonderfully metallic crocodile embossed bag by Daniel Pliner with a unique handle
and of course, the delicious shoes

« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 04:13:51 PM by jessdarling » Logged
corrigan

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2007, 12:09:03 PM »

Shoes my poor, painful feet can actually wear!  This is exciting! 

I used to be terrified of colour.  It was black, day and night, for me.  And now, being a reformed goth girl, I present my entry with the bold, bright orange shoes.  I mean, really--you can't be afraid of colour with these cuties.  A woman wearing a bright colour like those on her feet can't help but project confidence and stylishness.  It's just instant. 

And I think it was all those chunky-clunky goth boots that ruined my feet.  I can't even be cool and say I wore too many pairs of high heels!

So, dress by Anna Sui, bag from Urban Outfitters, charm bracelet by Missoni, filigree headband from Urban Outfitters, and, well, yeah--shoes by Repetto.
miscmama

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2007, 04:33:42 PM »

I l.o.v.e. these shoes! I can see the girl with this outfit spending a late summer afternoon walking in the hot hot city. I love this dress (whose is it, does anyone know?), with the interesting neckline and baubles. The only jewelry is an understated bracelet. The scarf (Hermes) can be on the handbag (Coach) during the day. She meets some friends at a casual cafe by the waterfront for dessert and wine. But it's chilly down there in the evening, so she'll want the jacket (D & G).
Gwen

Manolo the Shoeblogger
Administrator

shoeblogger
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2007, 05:59:19 PM »

The Manolo now declares this week's Build the Outfit competition to be closed.  Many thanks to those who submitted the entries, they were most super fantastic indeed.

The Shoeflyer peoples will shortly pick the winners.

Manolo Loves the Shoes!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: