Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Manolo's Super Fantastic Forums
News: Welcome to Fantasy Island, Manolo Style!
Welcome to Manolo the Shoeblogger's Super Fantastic Forums!

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Zibal by Tsubo -- B.T.O. #5  (Read 30722 times)
Manolo the Shoeblogger
Administrator

shoeblogger
View Profile WWW Email
« on: July 10, 2007, 12:32:51 PM »

Manolo says, this week, the Manolo's Build the Outfit contest is sponsored by the Manolo's good friends at the Tsubo, the makers of the very stylish and amusing casual shoes.  Naturally, because of this kindness the Manolo has chosen the pair of the sportif Tsubos around which you, the gifted amateur stylists, will build the outfit.

Above you see the Zibal by Tsubo in the color scheme described as the Denim/Ice Blue/Emerald, which the Manolo finds to be not only attractive but also redolent of the certain sort of sporty young woman, one who has the carefree and somewhat charmingly oddball manner.

The Manolo now asks you to build the outfit for this hypothetical young woman, using this shoe as the start.

The contest will end on Saturday, when the Manolo will pick the winner, who will receive the gift certificate good for the pair of shoes from the Tsubo!

UPDATE! The Manolo has decided to allow any color of the Tsubo Zibal you desire!  There are so many good combinations of color that the Manolo will undoubtedly be mightily impressed by the choices his internet friends make.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 03:43:09 PM by Manolo the Shoeblogger » Logged

Manolo Loves the Shoes!
atari

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 02:45:59 PM »

Ahh, designing the outfit around sneakers. This is a challenge indeed! It is all too easy to make any outfit, drop in a pair of runners (or, worst case scenario, the dreaded crocs) and call it comfort. Thankfully, these runners are more than your average pair of Adidas classics, so the ability to be stylish is much easier.

Given that these are runners, and they aren't as common during the summer (due to the re-emergence of flip-flops and such) I made an outfit more suited to early fall, when the temperature starts to drop. This outfit would be worn out shopping downtown, where the girl is on her feet for long periods of time, on concrete no less.

A pair of skinny jeans, to kick things off.

A blue scarf cami, to match the shoes, and to bring some liveliness to the outfit.

With a little cap-sleeved jacket for an extra layer.

Time to accessorize!

And for a bit of playful extravagance, a licensed Cadillac bag!

All with, of course, the stars of the show themselves, Zibal sneakers from Tsubo!
Lobolita

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 03:52:35 PM »

Because these are sporty shoes, they should be worn by a sporty girl, who would, of course, buy her wardrobe at R.E.I. Here's what I would wear with them:

Columbia Sportswear Royal Trek Knee Pants

with a prAna Ethnic Belt

Kuhl Sita Sleeveless Shirt

For accessories:

Life is good Jilligan Necklace

Pepper's Voodoo Sunglasses

And a Highgear Enduro Mini Digital Watch to time her run.

All simplicity, ready for a run, a hike, or a walk down a hot city street. No fussy bangles or doo-dads to clutter the look. Perfection.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 03:58:21 PM by Lobolita » Logged
fadedjaded

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 04:09:16 PM »

top with a splash of the blues in the shoes

pants with a bit of dressier feel

sweater jacket for going into the air conditioning, or fall temperatures

larger handbag to carry lots of stuff, with red to coordinate with top(assuming the body color matches the rest of the outfit)

classic Burberry watch, only ornamentation needed

and the shoes, the star of the show
Purly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 05:18:04 PM »

http://www.shopstyle.com/action/viewLook?id=23494
kittycatcarlyle

You can't tell me what to do

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 06:30:53 PM »

OMG!!! I LOVE TSUBO!!! They make the ultimate "I have to run a thousand errands & still be pleasant at the end of the day shoes!" YEA TSUBO!!

Here's my running errands BTO:

This is my first time using photobucket, so I hope it works!  Cheesy
angeicmar

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 06:54:47 PM »

I designed around the blood orange color (which for some reason won't do what I want an integrate into my picture here, the silly thing), because I LOVE the colors there and the way the orange and deep red blend into each other.  I wanted it to look sporty enough to be relaxed, but also stylish and nice enough to wear to a casual office.
I also think it was a massive bonus to find a necklace made of an actual blood orange slice Cheesy  The earrings I picked echo the ribbing on the sides of the shoes, and there will be a nice contrast with the metal on the bracelet.
JQ

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 08:50:05 PM »

So Im new to the board and thought I'd give this challenge a whirl. So I thought it was such a sporty shoe it deserved some sporty apparel.  Grin
kerpupples

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 09:43:37 PM »

Ah, the Tsubos.  I own Tsubos myself and am a HUGE fan.  I cannot think of a better shoe for shopping on the Madison Avenue in the NYC with the gaggle of girlfriends.  So comfortable, so stylish!  This outfit would be my choice for such the activity. 

The color choice of red, it reminds us that fall is coming around the corner.  But the white on the tote says that yes, I love the summer and I embrace it!!! 

The tote, it was chosen to tone down the wildness of the shoes and the accessories, as well as to carry the spoils of the shopping spree. 

My favorite item in the outfit (aside from the Tsubos, of the course) are the beautiful dainty glass earrings (note how wonderfully they match the colors in the shoes!).  In this ensemble, the sharp and sassy girl could transition from the Bloomindales to the drinks at the Tao with ease.

Credits:

Earrings: Jane D'Arsenbourg
http://thisisauto.com/detail/5,3,1/ 

Top, Banana Republic
http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse/product.do?cid=16843&pid=508995&scid=508995012

Jeans, William Rast
http://www.williamrast.com/williamrast/app/catalog/Detail.aspx?
CategoryCode=78&CategoryName=&ActiveCat=&cICode=855 straight leg

Tote, Coach
http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=8396&category_id=622

Necklace, Chan Luu
http://www.chanluu.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=168

Cap, e4hats.com
http://www.e4hats.com/_e/Pigment_Dyed_Cotton_Washed_Newsboy_Cap/product/pn003sic-khaki/Pigment_Dyed_Newsboy_Cap_Khaki.htm

« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 09:48:52 PM by agmitchell » Logged
damselfly

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 10:00:02 PM »

I thought I would go fall since the burnt orange ones just SCREAMED it...lol! My vision is walking down  main street with a cup of coffee and no particular place to go...I love fall!

“I May Not Know Men, But Shoes…Shoes I Know“-Carrie
OceanSunfish

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 10:46:54 PM »

Akademiks Cholo Shrugg Jacket
Sportjock Super Sportbra
Ecko Red Kingston Pants
Patricia Field "House of Field" Tote Bag
Rocawear Cassette Necklace and Athletic Low Cut Socks
Unfashionista

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 09:15:22 AM »

These shoes have no laces, so they are perfect for the cycling girl!
Pair this top

with these stylish triathlon shorts ,

add some chafing-preventing socks
and of course the shoes, in the egg/blueberry/dark heather
Cycling allows for the superfantastic accessories as well, so she must have the superfantastic helmet

the fabulous hydration pack

and the superfantastic bicycle to tie it all together. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 09:17:52 AM by Unfashionista » Logged
Shuzluva

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 11:02:57 AM »

Wow, there are some absolutely fantastic outfits here! I love all of the Tsubo sneakers, but I'm going to go with the ones you originally suggested, along with the following:

Ella Moss Aloha dress is from Fashion Chateau
Femme Metale necklace is from Couture Candy
Sol sunglasses from White House Black Market
Philip Stein watch is from Philip Stein
Lulu bag from LeSportSac
Fabulous Tsubo Zibal sneakers in Denim/Iceblue/Emerald
tamrabee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 12:50:42 PM »

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the funky shoes!  they immediately brought to mind a fun outdoors adventure.  so i would dress simply with a splash of color!

(sorry about the sizing, i am still new at this type of thing!)
morganlf

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 01:43:27 PM »

These shoes are for the girl that needs to get things done, but still look cool.

This greyish white shirt from the Gap:

A jacket from J.Crew in case it gets windy:

These lovely shorts for a pop of color from Be Present, my favorite brand of yoga wear:

A girls' gotta have somewhere to put her groceries!  A grocery bag from Etsy (1/2 the proceeds go to an Elephant Sanctuary!):

A Swatch so she's not late for anything:

And the ever-so-lovely shoe:

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: