Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Manolo's Super Fantastic Forums
News: Welcome to Fantasy Island, Manolo Style!
Welcome to Manolo the Shoeblogger's Super Fantastic Forums!

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: B.T.O. #7 -- Mercurypipe from Stuart Weitzman  (Read 40261 times)
Nootz

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2007, 09:00:34 PM »

Hello. This is my first post. Am so glad to be with all of you. Here is my first submission.
Nootz

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2007, 09:08:42 PM »

Hello, this is my second post.
katherinejane76

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2007, 12:09:02 AM »

First of all, has Megaera ever considered writing Danielle Steele-type novels?

I was on the fence about whether I'd ever wear these boots myself.  I ultimately decided that I would, because here in New York City we love to make super-fabulous, and often somewhat over-the-top, fashion statements.  I decided that the boots spoke volumes and tried to keep the rest of the outfit more understated.  I chose skinny jeans to best show off the boots, as shoes sometimes get lost under bootcuts.  I thought some striking, yet not overpowering, jewel tones would offset the leopard well, so I chose a teal cowlneck sweater and a beautiful berry-colored scarf.  The gold jewelry echoes the warm tones of the boots.  It's hard to see here, but the gold earrings have a snake print that echoes the animal print theme.  I chose a black coat and gloves as outerwear, as I felt that they would allow the jewel tones and leopard print to remain the center of attention.  Lastly, a cognac-colored clutch which picks up on the brown spots in the fabulous leopard print boots.  I'd wear this outfit to take a trip into Manhattan (I'm a Brooklynite) for a drink with friends.

I'm still getting the hang of this Polyvore thing, so my picture's a bit smaller than I'd like.  Hopefully I'll learn more in time for the next BTO!

Jeans:  Joe's Jeans Cigarette at bluefly.com
Sweater: Autumn Cashmere at bluefly.com
Scarf: Magaschoni at bluefly.com
Coat: gap.com
Gloves: bananarepublic.com
Earrings and Bracelets: southmoonunder.com
Clutch: nordstrom.com
tomedward
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2007, 12:28:39 AM »

Here goes...
lhpoppy

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2007, 02:18:02 AM »

They say lightning doesn't strike the same place twice, but what the heck:

Shirt-Akris
Pants-Robert Rodriguez
Scarf-Hermes
Belt-Versace
Bag-Bottega Veneta
Sunglasses-Tom Ford
Watch-Sprinto

Note:
Scarf is to be worn as pictured in top left, only snugger ( I was going for that vintage Hollywood look, but this was the best picture I could find).
Heishe

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2007, 11:51:07 AM »

My goal for this outfit was to be simple and cute and avoid the leopard print cougar trap.  This colorblock mod dress from Abaete is bright and youthful and picks up the essential colors of the shoes without being overbearingly black or camel.  The ivory cardigan is by Autumn Cashmere.  I picked jewelry that was simple and sparkly and youthful; the strawberry pendant is from Juicy Couture and the thin gold cuff is from Blue Nile.  The hosiery is sheer nude for nice natural flesh color on the legs.  The black patent bag is from Cole Haan and coordinates with the shoes while adding shiny glamour and visually anchoring all the intense creamy white.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 12:02:16 PM by Heishe » Logged
morganlf

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2007, 11:54:03 AM »

A cheery outfit for the winter cold.  (Various pieces from Banana Republic, Urban Outfitters, Smart Bargains, Bluefly, JCrew.)

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: